Horse gram is a kind of lentil used in Indian cooking. It’s one of the most protein-rich lentils and it has lots of health benefits. We make different kinds of dishes from it, but this is the common one. Black gram conjee with horse gram thuvaiyal is the best combination. Lets see how to make the thuvaiyal.
- Horse gram ——————- 1/2 cup
- Grated coconut ————- 1/2 cup
- Red chilies ——————— 2 or 3 (depending on your spice level)
- Garlic cloves —————— 2
- Tamarind ———————– a small piece
- Water —————————— 1/2 cup
- Salt to taste
How to make
- Place a pan on medium heat stove
- Dry roast the horse gram until it starts to crackle, then switch off the stove and wait for it to cool down
- Coarsely grind the roasted horse gram, chilies, garlic cloves, tamarind and salt using a mixer/blender.
- Then add the grated coconut and water to it and grind well (add the water little by little)
- Now it should be ready to serve
- Mostly it is served with conjee