This is a simple and healthy side dish for rice. In this recipe, I used fresh green beans from our garden. Cutting this into small pieces will take some time, but you can use frozen french cut beans as well.
- Beans (cut into pieces) ——– 2 cups
- Paruppu usili idly —————— 1
- Grated coconut ———————- 1/4 cup
- Turmeric powder ——————- a pinch
- Salt to taste
- For Tempering
- Cumin seeds ——————– 1 tsp
- Urad dal —————————- 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds —————— 1 tsp
- Curry leaf ————————– 1 spring
How to make
- Place a pan on medium heat stove
- Add oil and mustard seeds
- Once it crackles, add the cumin seeds, urad dal and curry leaves
- Add the cut beans and stir fry until the beans becomes tender (about 7 minutes)
- Add the salt, turmeric powder and crushed paruppu usili
- Stir for 5 more minutes
- Then add the grated coconut, stir for another 2 minutes and switch off the stove
- Now the tasty beans paruppu usili should be ready to serve
Note: While adding salt, consider that the paruppu usili already has salt and the beans needs only a little bit of salt.
the beans in your garden grew so well!
mine turned out very thin due to the drought here
Don’t worry next time you will get better weather.
[…] Beans Paruppu Usili […]