This is an Indian herb and it has lots of medicinal properties. It is called as karpooravalli in Tamil and panikoorka in Malayalam. Ajwain is also known as carom and bishop’s weed.
In our hometown people use this leaves as cold and cough remedy, also they use it for making herbal oils.
Here in the US, we have a plant at home and often I make this ajwain tea using the leaves. It is very simple to make.
Things You Need
- Ajwain leaves ———— about 5 to 6
- water ————————– 1 cup
- Honey for your taste
How To Make
- In a small pan boil the water
- Now take the leaves, roughly crush them and add to the boiling water
- Close it with lid and turn off the stove
- Wait for 10 minutes
- Now filter it and add honey (I usually add 3 tsp)
- Mix it well and enjoy the tea