Ragi belongs to the millet family, it has a lot of healthy nutrients. It is also known as the best food for diabetic patients. The common English name of Ragi is finger millet. It is called as “Kezhvaragu” in Tamil, I usually use the ragi for making some Indian food like dosa, but this time I tried to make a waffle from the ragi batter and it came out very nice, so I thought of sharing the recipe. It is simple to make within minutes and only thing you need is the waffle maker.
Once the plain waffle came out nicely, I tried with some spicy ingredients and I was so pleased with the outcome and taste. I will share the recipe for the spicy version in another post, here is the recipe for the plain ragi waffle.
- Ragi flour ————— 1/2 cup
- Warm water ———– 1 cup
- Pinch of salt
- Non- stick cooking spray
- To Serve
- Maple syrup
- Some mixed berries
How to make
- In a mixing bowl add the ragi flour, warm water and pinch of salt and mix it well
- Spray preheated waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray
- Pour mix onto hot waffle iron
- Cook until the beeps come from the waffle iron
- Serve hot with maple syrup and some berries