Biryani is one of the favorite dishes for most of us. Here is the recipe of the mushroom biryani that I make. This is a very flavorful dish and I make it often as it is an one pot recipe and easy to make.
- Mushroom —————————– 300 g (diced)
- Basmati rice ————————– 1 1/2 cups
- Onion ————————————- 1 big (diced)
- Tomato ———————————– 2 (make Puree)
- Coconut milk ————————- 1/4 cup or 3 cubes
- Water ————————————– 2 cups
- Red and green peppers ——– 1/2 cup (finely chopped)
- Ginger and garlic paste ——– 1 tbsp or 1 cube
- Mint and cilantro paste ——– 2 tbsp or 2 cubes
- Lemon juice —————————- 1 tbsp or 1 cube
- Salt to taste
- Spice powders
- Chili powder ———————- 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder ————- 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala powder —– 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder ————– 1/8 tsp
- For tempering
- Bay leaf —————————— 2
- Cinnamon stick —————- 2 (small pieces)
- Cloves———————————- 3
- Ghee ———————————– 2 tbsp
- Cooking oil ————————- 2 tbsp
If you have all the cubes from the above list, you can make any kind of biryani in a short time and less mess in the kitchen. While making the biryani, I was thinking about the time I saved because of having these cubes in my freezer.
How to make
- Wash and soak the rice for at least 30 minutes
- Place a pressure cooker on the stove in medium heat
- Add the ghee and cooking oil
- Then add the bay leaf, cinnamon stick and aniseed
- Add the onion and saute until it becomes golden brown (about 5 minutes)
- Add the tomato puree
- Add all the spice powders and mix them well
- Add the ginger and garlic paste/cube, mint and cilantro paste/cubes and saute for about 3 minutes
- Add the diced mushroom and mix it well
- Cook for 10 minutes
- Now add the coconut milk (cubes) and lemon juice (cube)
- Add the diced bell peppers and salt
- Add 2 cups of water and bring it to boil
- When the water is boiling, add the soaked rice (drain the excess water from the rice before adding)
- Close the pressure cooker and wait for the steam.
- Once the steam starts coming, place the weight and turn the stove heat to low (if you are using an induction stove, you can switch off the stove right away, because it will maintain the heat for a while)
- For the other types of stoves, let it sit in the low heat for 6 to 7 minutes before switching it off.
- After switching off the stove, wait for the pressure to be released.
- Once the pressure is released, open the pressure cooker and the tasty biryani should be ready to serve
- Serve it with your favorite raitha
Such a delicious meal looks very tasty 😋
Yes ! I tried & came out so well & tasty too… the measures are exact & the consistency & look was excellent!
Aji , thanks for sharing the recipe!